Martin Takáč: Curriculum Vitae
Centre for Cognitive Science
Department of Applied
Faculty of Mathematics, Physics
Comenius University in
Academic work experience
- 2014-17: Does language syntax mirror the structure of sensorimotor cognition? Marsden Fund 13-UOO-048, New Zealand (with Alistair Knott and Lubica Benuskova)
- 2014-17: From sensory-motor processes to higher cognition: Computational modeling of mental development in an embodied cognitive agent. VEGA 1/0898/14 (deputy PI).
- 2011-13: Constructivist modeling of
development in an embodied cognitive agent. VEGA 1/0439/11 (deputy PI).
- 2009-10: The sensorimotor grounding of language: a
computational model. BuildIT postdoc award, New Zealand (with Alistair
Knott and Lubica Benuskova).
- 2008-10: Modeling self-organization in complex
systems with focus on language domain VEGA 1/0361/08 (with I.
and M. Markošová).
- 2007: Integrated Model of Autonomous Meaning Construction
JPD 3 BA 2005/1-043 (PI).
- 2006-2008: Environment for Multi-Agent Systems
Specification, grant APVV-20-P04805 (PI J. Šefránek) in
cooperation with Whitestein
- 2006-2008: Non-standard Models of Computation:
Specification, Complexity, Security, grant VEGA 1/3105/06 (with
- 2006: Cognitive Semantics for Dynamic Environments, young
grant UK/402/2006 (PI).
- 2003-05: Network Computing, grant VEGA 1/0172/03 (PI D.
- 2000-02: Models of concurrent, parallel and intelligent
computations, grant VEGA 1/7654/20 (PI D. Gruska).
- 1997-99: Specification Methods of Complex Programming
Systems: from Principles to Applications (PI P. J. Voda).
- 1995-96: Development of rule base tutor interpreter for the
air-pollution monitoring system RAINS developed by IIASA
- Connectionist modeling of language production and acquisition
- cognitive semantics, adaptive knowledge representation
- cognitive science
- artificial neural networks, self-organization
- qualitative reasoning
- 2008, 2011-present: Cognitive Semantics and Cognitive Theories of Representation
(within the Middle-European interdisciplinary master program in Cognitive Science
- 2006-2008, 2011-present: Introduction to Cognitive Science (MeiCogSci)
- 1998-2008, 2012-present: Qualitative Modeling and Simulation (lectures and
- 2005, 2007-08, 2012-present: Communication Training (seminars).
- 2001-2007: Cognitive Science (lectures and seminars).
- 2001-2008: Internet Distance Education Program Cognitive Sciences (lectures,
- 1999-2000: Expert Systems (seminars).
- 1999: Expert Systems (seminars as an external lecturer at the Faculty of
Mechanical Engineering, Slovak Technical University).
As of 2017, I have supervised 23 completed and 3 ongoing MSc. theses and 7 completed BSc. theses, and served as an external examiner (opponent) for more than 20 MSc., BSc and PhD. theses.
- 2012 - Peter Fedor's Prize - for excellent results in computational modeling
of language acquisition and evolution
- 2008 - New Zealand BuildIT scholarship
- 1997 - Slovak Literary Foundation award
- 1997 - Chancellor/Rector's award for the best diploma thesis
- since 2017: Research collaboration with Soul Machines, Ltd., New Zealand
- 2003-2006: Webmaster of Institute
- Since 2002: Statistical analyses for Bratislava Parking Service.
- 2002: Building Community at the Crossroads, worldwork
conference on international conflict resolution, Greece.
- 2002: Building the web portal www.slovakia.no, participation.
- 2002: Slovak translation of the book Amy
Mindell: Coma: A
Healing Journey, a Guide for Family Friends and Helpers, Lao Tse
Press, Portland Oregon, participation.
- Since 2001: Translating/interpreting from/to English for
several institutions and companies (Profesia,
s.r.o., VISICOM, s.r.o., Institute of Process-oriented
psychology Slovakia, etc.).
- 2001-2002: Two years of undergraduate studies of psychology
at the Faculty of Arts Comenius University
- 2000-2002: 300 hours of seminar courses in Process-oriented
psychology (process work).
- 1999-2002: Co-ordinator of the volunteer group "Vrba" providing psychological support
to cancer patients.
- 1998-2000: Webmaster of
University Pastoral Center Bratislava.
- 1997-99: System administrator at the Computer Support
of the Faculty of Arts Comenius University.
- 1995-98: Medical communication software development
PDA platform for Wildcat
Systems Ltd. and PRO FOUND GmbH Germany.